Working under the direction of the Application Manager, the Ancillary Applications Analyst functions as the primary contact to troubleshoot problems and questions from end-users for the ancillary clinical systems belonging to Radiation Oncology, Medical Oncology, Dentistry, Clinical
Neurophysiology, Operating services etc.
These applications include but are not limited to:
Varian Aria, MIM, Tomotherapy, Brainlab, ViewRay, DailyQA, CT simulators, EndoVault, AxiUm, Polysmith, Neuro Workbench, and Audbase. This individual will work with vendors as appropriate to ensure smooth operation of purchased products, reporting, and resolution of issues. They will analyze the department’s functions, goals, workflow, and information needs. The Ancillary Applications Analyst will act as the project manager to apply that analysis into the planning of
projects, design, implementation, and maintenance of appropriate information systems. They will complete project tasks and assignments as directed which includes the build, maintenance, enhance of applications, and perform quality assurance system integration testing based on test plans.
This individual develops and documents internal procedures, assists in the development of user training aids and may train end users in workflow and use of the application.
They participate in an on-call rotation for system and application support which involves being available after hours for trouble-shooting and issue escalation.
- Bachelor of Science degree in IT or a closely
- Minimum 6-10 years’ experience in a medium to large size medical center with increasing levels of responsibilities and complexity of projects and applications.
- Knowledge of database administration, managing server hardware, storage and backup devices.
- Knowledge of HL7 and DICOM Standards
- Proven experience in overseeing the direction, development, and implementation of application solutions in health care environment.
- Proven skills in managing large, complex projects and able to manage multiple fast-paced technical projects
- Experience interfacing with multiple systems on a variety of platforms.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Professionally reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Flexible during times of change.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments. Strong written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal skills.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
- Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings
- Some travel may be required for the purpose of meeting with clients, stakeholders, or off-site personnel/management.
- Experience with Varian
Aria, MIM, Tomotherapy, Brainlab, ViewRay, DailyQA, and CT simulators applications is a plus.
- Technically competent with various software programs, such as Project, Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint. Strong skills at
report writing and making technical presentations
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: