The mission of Information and Technology is to create and support an information technology environment that enhances the ability of the UC Davis community to teach, do research and provide public service. In support of the University’s mission, IT will deliver an infrastructure of technological services appropriate to the requirements of the campus community. A part of UCDH IT, Unified Communications (UC) provides planning and implementation activities that delivers Wide Area Network (WAN), Local Area Network (LAN), VoIP, wireless, e-mail, voicemail and workstation service for the entire UCDH enterprise. In response to institutional requirements, the department provides technological leadership and support for the cost-effective use of computers, software, telecommunications, email and networking to include installation, training and problem resolution.
Final Filing Date: 11/18/2021 (Interviews will be held at anytime)
Salary Range: $6,608.33- $14,808.33 ( Grade 25 )
Salary Frequency: Monthly
Appointment Type: Career
Percentage of Time: 100%
Shift Hour: 08 hours
Location: Alhambra Cannery
Union Representation: No
Benefits Eligible: Yes
We offer exceptional employment benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, generous paid vacations and holidays, excellent retirement savings and investment plans, continuing education, and reduced fee and scholarship programs.
THIS IS NOT AN H1- B OPPORTUNITY
Qualified candidates may be interviewed at any time. Re-posted 8/13/2021
The Call Center/ACD Engineer possesses knowledge and skills of subordinate Comm and Network Technical staff Grades 1 through 3, plus the following additional: Under general direction, the Comm and Network Technical Analyst IV VoIP/ACD (Calerio) Engineer is the recognized expert in Call Center/ACD network support services of UCDH. The Call Center/ACD Engineer has responsibility for enterprise-wide VoIP, PCCE and data network design. The Call Center/ACD Engineer must have the knowledge, skills and abilities to make decisions that broadly affect strategic initiative for the entire UCDH. The Call Center/ACD Engineer has principal responsibility for 24-hour, seven-day operation of All Voice over IP systems at UCDH.
The Call Center/ACD Engineer is recognized as a technical professional in the area of architecture, design, configuration, installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of Cisco Voice over IP (VoIP) / automated call Distribution (ACD) and Call Center technologies. Incumbent provides Technical leadership with a high degree of knowledge in the overall field and recognized expertise in specific areas; problem-solving frequently requires analysis of unique issues/problems without precedent and /or structure. Incumbent may manage programs that include formulating strategies and administrating policies, processes, and resources, functions with a high degree of autonomy. Under general direction, the successful candidate will lead, train co-workers and document architectural designs, strategies and configurations while supporting new and existing network and telecommunications assets in all production facilities. Primary responsibilities include capacity planning, traffic engineering and in-depth troubleshooting coupled with designing enhancements to the voice and data network architecture and leads deployment efforts. The Call Center/ACD Engineer will be required to work with internal departments and external vendors to develop voice and data network solution requirements during the scope definition of all projects. Work with internal departments and external vendors to develop technical solutions during design phases. Incumbent applies advanced professional communications concepts, industry practices and relevant policies, procedures and objectives to resolve highly complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Incumbent determines methods, techniques and evaluation to obtain results.
The Comm and Network Technical Analyst IV Call Center/ACD Engineer will lead the UC team in maintaining 24x7x365 high availability and mission critical voice and data network. The Call Center/ACD Engineer will be responsible for resolving daily voice and data network issues in response to IT Operations Center alerts and escalations. This may involve working with Security Team, project managers and other staff in order to resolve a multitude of voice and data network performance and monitoring issues.
- Experience supporting professional communications and network technologies in a larger Health Care environment
- Advance technical experience maintaining Cisco (PCCE) Contact Center Enterprise system applications and related hardware in a Health Care environment
- Advance technical experience maintaining Call Center software suite like Calabrio One and related hardware in a Health Care environment
- Advance technical experience maintaining Cisco (CUCM) Communications Manager System applications and related hardware in a Health Care environment
- Advance technical experience maintaining Cisco (Unity) Voice Messaging and Auto Attendant system applications and related hardware in a Health Care environment
- Advance technical experience maintaining Cisco VoIP Gateways and related hardware in a Health Care environment
- Advance technical experience maintaining Auto Attendant, Callers menus, script changes and software upgrades
- Experience gathering customer requirements to provide technical recommendations and solutions to meet there Voice Messaging and ACD needs.
- Experience maintaining an enterprise size VoIP technology architecture and design
- Experience maintaining large Private Branch Exchange (PBX) telephone systems related hardware
- Experience maintaining the integration between CUCM and Unity Voice mail system
- Experience maintaining a large network dial-plan, calling search spaces, and device pools configurations related hardware in a large enterprise network
- Experience working with VoIP Voice hardware and application
- Experience working with VoIP Automated Call Distribution (ACD) systems and application.
- Experience working with Auto Attendant configurations and writing of scripts to support departmental requests
- Experience with of various network hardware platforms, network related protocols and software including understanding of OSI layer.
- Experience and problem solving skills to quickly assess problems, evaluate options, make a decision and resolve problems
- Experience and organizational skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Cisco Certifications in related technologies and or 5 or more years of technical experience working with related technologies
- Experience leading a team of technicians to support day to day monitoring and maintenance of large enterprise voice network and applications such as (Cisco Call Manager (CUCM), Cisco Unity Voice Messaging, Cisco UCCX Automated Call system, Cisco UCCE/ PCCE Automated Call system etc)
- Experience engineering and maintaining a large Cisco Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) Unified Communications management system
- Experience engineering and maintaining a large NEC Fusion Private Branch Exchange (PBX) telephone systems
- Experience analyzing highly complex communication hardware and software systems and maintaining a real-time resource that impacts campus/medical center/ OP-wide network users
- Experience using Call Center recording systems problem-solving skills and techniques to resolve unique issues and problems
- Experience using problem-solving skills and techniques to resolve unique issues and problems
- Experience gathering, organizing and analyze data in the completion of a variety of functional assignments
- Experience in communicating technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization
- Experienced in interpreting manuals to configure hardware or identify the source of a problem and take corrective action
- Experience work independently and generate innovative solutions to problems
- Experience in understands the communications and network needs of the organization and applying the skills needed to address those needs
- Skills and experience needed to understand implications of work on other areas
- Experience managing large projects and meeting critical deadlines
- Self-motivated person who can work independently and as part of a team
- Experience in documenting technical systems, procedures and developing work plans.
- Must be able to work extra hours (nights and weekends) if important development is behind schedule or the correction of problems with operational systems is considered critical.
- Must maintain a valid California Drivers License.
- Must be able to move up to 40lbs.
- Speak, hear and see well enough to perform system configurations and telephone consulting on own or with reasonable accommodation. Must be available for 24-hour a day on-call rotation.
This position may be subject to a criminal background investigation, drug screen, Live Scan fingerprinting, medical evaluation clearance, and functional capacity assessment.
EEOThe University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: