Amsted Rail - Griffin Wheel
Amsted Rail is the leading manufacturer of railroad wheels in North America. Our Kansas City Plant currently has an opportunity available for a Controls Engineer. The Controls Engineer is responsible for providing technical support to manufacturing operations. Provides for continuous improvement of manufacturing operations through the design, selection and installation of new equipment and systems and the modification of existing equipment and systems. Provides support to maintenance operations. Creates and/or maintains current documentation of equipment and systems.
- Design and develop value added HMI/SCADA applications based on project requirements and application strategy
- Specs and builds physical equipment associated with data collection efforts.
- Provides engineering support to operations in the troubleshooting, rebuilding and repair of electrical equipment and automated systems
- Design, develop and deploy
- Design, develop and deploy machine and gauge control systems; integrated automation including robotics and servo controls; HMI systems; and data collection systems, according to company design standards
- Provides complete project management for new machine and system modifications, installations and upgrades.
- Maintains a high level of personal and professional knowledge of related technologies and manufacturing systems.
- Performs other assigned duties as determined by the manager
- Provide training as required for plant personnel in operation of the HMI and SCADA equipment
- Advanced understanding of networks and ability to troubleshoot common outages and system communication issues machine and gauge control systems; integrated automation including robotics
Job Knowledge/Skills and Experience:
- BS in electrical engineering, industrial automation, computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent professional qualifications
- Experience with HMI, SCADA, PLC’s, and general control system design
- Design, deployment, and testing experience with Allen Bradley controls
- Experience with Invensys/Wonderware InTouch, System Platform, or comparable systems a plus
- Experience with FactoryTalk View ME/SE programming preferred
- Experience with MS SQL Server and SQL Server Reporting Services
- Industrial Manufacturing experience is preferred
- Familiarity with OPC server software; Kepware preferred
- Fluent in editing and developing PLC programs
- Knowledge of PC and server configurations and administration
- Ability to deliver complete and accurate electrical system drawing packages
Amsted Rail is an industry leader that can offer more than a chance to succeed. This is where you can thrive. Our environment is energetic, our people are motivated and our career paths can take you where you want to go. We pride ourselves on being the market leader as well as having a management philosophy that promotes a culture of dignity and respect for all our employees.
For more than a century, Griffin® has been the proven leader in railroad wheel quality, design and service. We have five wheel plants – four in the US and one in Canada. We offer a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance as well as a retirement package that includes 5% match on 401k contributions and ESOP employee stock ownership program (100% employee owned).
In addition, we have unique benefits such as:
- Fitness center reimbursement
- Wellness activities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vehicle and Cell Phone discount programs
To apply for this position, please visit www.amstedrail.com/careers.
Amsted Rail is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: