The DGIT Educational Technology Services team is responsible for developing and overseeing the systems that deliver and enhance teaching and learning for UCLA Health Sciences schools’ undergraduate, graduate and continuing medical education students and faculty.
Under the direction of the Technical Manager of Educational Technology Services (ETS) and as a member of the DGIT, the Educational Technologist (ET) is responsible for new and ongoing application development and the integration of enterprise services. The Educational Technologist will be a core member of the software development initiatives of ETS and will contribute towards building enhancing the technology framework of the education mission of UCLA Heatlh. The ET ensures that the services and tools used by the business partners and stakeholders are developed in an enterprise, adequately represented, clearly documented, communicated and successfully implemented for new and going initiatives. He/she will ensure that services and projects in the educational technology arena are well managed and adhere to appropriate standards for scalability, maintainability and engineering best-practices. He/she will additionally provide support to special projects encompassing a wide range of educational technologies and services as needed.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or related discipline (or relevant work experience)
- Excellent coding skills in web application and/or mobile frameworks (3 + years)
- Expertise in with Agile software development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Expertise in microservice oriented design and RESTful API design patterns and consumption
- DevOps practices and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment techniques
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to work in a group environment, establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with other members of the development team as well as external stakeholders
- Experience in problem solving and negotiating with colleagues, clients and senior leadership to produce positive outcomes.
- UI/UX development in web and mobile frameworks
- Familiarity with analytics and business intelligence platforms.
- Demonstrated work style that builds and maintains a climate of caring, respect and trust and inspires commitment from others to achieve organizational goals.
- Ability to consistently interact with all members of the organization in ways that enhance understanding, respect, cooperation, and problem-solving.
- Demonstrated ability to handle heavy workload and constantly changing demands, priorities, and purposes.
- High IT level project management competency with aptitude for learning new technologies and processes.
- Interest in technological innovation and disruptive technologies in the realm of educational informatics
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: