The UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine Department of Biological Chemistry seeks a full-time scientific software developer in computational biological image analysis. In this role, you will work with a multidisciplinary team which includes computational scientists, biophysicists, biochemists, and cryo-EM specialsts to develop a software package for biological structure determination using image analysis of biological electron diffraction patterns. The software will become a part of MicroED technique developed by the resource.
- User level knowledge of Mac OS X, Unix/Linux
- Proficient in Python, numpy and C++
- Knowledge of software development principles and architecture
- Demonstrated strong analytical and independent problem-solving abilities
- Knowledge of conda installers (preferred)
- Experience with design and maintenance of modular software packages (preferred)
- Familiarity with Fourier techniques and digital image processing (preferred)
- Skilled at oral and written communication with prior experience in giving presentations, writing technical reports, and documenting code in a manner that is understandable to other technical and non-technical stakeholders (preferred)
- Graduate in a computational/quantitative field (e.g., computational biology, electrical engineering, computer science, physics, etc.) (Strongly preferred)
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: