For more than 150 years, Pacific Life has offered innovative products and services including life insurance, annuities, and mutual funds, along with a variety of investment products, all of which provide The Power to Help You Succeed. We firmly believe each employee plays a part in our continued growth and success, and we pride ourselves in providing a work environment that is challenging, inclusive, collaborative, and results-oriented. With a powerful past and a strong future, Pacific Life offers an environment where you’re empowered to achieve your personal best. In return, we look to your passion and insight to help us grow. For additional company information, including current financial strength ratings, visit www.PacificLife.com.
Currently, we are seeking a talented Sr. Strategic Business Systems Analyst to join the Life Insurance Division in Aliso Viejo, CA, Lynchburg, VA or REMOTE. The Life Insurance Division works with financial and insurance professionals to give families and businesses the life insurance coverage needed to help meet important financial protection, wealth accumulation, and wealth preservation goals.
The Business Analyst plays a crucial role in aligning business capabilities to technology strategy, defining roadmaps and business cases that enable the life insurance division’s leading market position. Working in collaboration with businesses and technology areas synthesizes business strategy, emerging technology trends, market trends, and technology direction into strategic initiatives spanning people, process, and technology. Enables business and technology execution teams by identifying and building business cases and managing threats & opportunities to the life insurance division’s technology portfolio. Provides business architecture guidance across the division. Participates in governance to ensure projects are aligned to business strategies and technology is effectively meeting business needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for architecting our strategic business initiatives and influencing the organization’s direction by creating a compelling case and linkage between the initiative and business capabilities.
- Identify opportunities to leverage people, process and technology to improve the business capabilities required to meet business objectives and partner effectively with Life Division executives, peers, business sponsors, customers, and others within the IT and Program Management departments to collaboratively identify roadmaps and transitional architectures required to achieve desired outcome.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and designing components of the technology strategy through the synthesis of business strategy and technology capabilities needed to support it.
- Participates in strategic planning process and advises on business capabilities, technology direction and application portfolio management processes.
- Provides business architecture, analysis and process improvement leadership across multiple business domains.
- Mentor and grow other analyst’s capabilities to further advance our Enterprise Architecture pipeline.
- Keep abreast of emerging behaviors, technologies, and companies that are changing our competitive landscape, identifying opportunities and gaps that threaten our leading market position.
FACTORS FOR SUCCESS
- Desired background:10+ years as a Business Analyst OR Sr. Business Systems Analyst OR Business Solutions Architect with an increasing scope of responsibilities
- Experience participating in the successful analysis, design, and deployment of highly integrated enterprise-level solutions
- In-depth understanding of how to leverage customer journey maps, capability maps, and process analysis to deliver business and IT strategy
- Experience developing solutions to improve business performance, with a particular focus on technology as a key differentiator
- Demonstrated ability to drive change across an organization through influence and data-driven insights
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex business problems, processes and technical material to diverse audiences including senior management
- Ability to think creatively, make decisions and solve problems
- Strong facilitation and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to train, mentor, and develop the business architecture and analysis skills of extended technology staff
- Prefer 5+ years of experience in the insurance or financial services industry
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, Finance, Industrial Engineering or related field
Join the Pacific Life team and watch your career grow! We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: * Competitive salary and bonus program * Medical, dental, and vision as part our commitment in investing in the health and wellbeing of our employees * Two retirement savings plans: 401k savings plan with company match and Company Retirement Contribution (company-paid) * Generous vacation time and holiday pay * And much more!
Pacific Life Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at Pacific Life Insurance Company.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: